Asamsung mobile phone consumer in France says her Galaxy J5 smartphone caught fire and exploded Sunday. The model is diverse from your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 that has been recalled globally.
Lamya Bouyirdane said Monday that she noticed the cell phone was very scorching after she asked her 4-year-old son to pass it above during a relatives gathering at her home. She said she threw the phone away when she realized that it had “swollen up” and smoke was coming out.
“I panicked when I noticed the smoke and I had the reflex to throw it away,” stated Bouyirdane, a mom of three inside the southwestern French city of Pau.
The mobile phone then caught fire and also the back blew off, she explained. Her partner swiftly extinguished it.
Bouyirdane explained she bought the mobile phone new in June on a site offering special discounts.
The South Korean firm not too long ago recalled millions of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones globally since of a challenge that brought on the batteries to overheat and catch fire.
William Stofega, a mobile analyst for the marketplace investigate company IDC, mentioned the incident in France was almost certainly an isolated one particular: The telephone has become in the marketplace for numerous months, and he said that is the very first report of the battery fire that he is conscious of.
“These reports are likely to cluster,” he explained.
Stofega extra that challenges involving lithium-ion batteries utilized in not just smartphones, but also laptop computer systems, are already all over for several years and there's no straightforward fix for them. Manufacturing defects or even a smaller amount of damage can cause a short circuit, resulting in an overheated battery and probably a fire.
Samsung did not straight away reply to an email trying to find comment.